Friday, February 19, 2010

Luis Graduation

So I had the wonderful oppurtunity to go to see my husband at his Graduation from Bootcamp on Feb. 12, 2010. It was a very moving experience to see 1028 new Sailors in the US Navy. And, of course, I was super proud of my Sailor husband for all his hard work that got him to this point.

We, my mother-in-law, brother-in-law, my girls and I, drove to Illinois to attend. It was crazy to drive 24 hours there, especially with kids but it was the cheapest route for all of us to see him. We got to Illinois the morning of his graduation and slept for about 2 hours before attending but it was well worth it to see such a moving experience. Here is Luis with his Division 086. He is in the second row from the right and the fourth person back. He was hard to recognize with all the weight that he has lost.


And here he is at our hotel. He was granted one day of "Liberty", as they call it, to spend time with his family. We had a great time visiting after being seperated for two months. As you can see from this picture, he has really lost a lot of weight. He looks super HOT. I'm his wife so I can say that.














His little girls were very excited to see him, especially Kristine. She misses her Daddy very much. She is a Daddy's girl and you can see that here. She could not wait to see her Daddy. The whole ceremony she was asking me where is my Daddy and when can I see Daddy. She ran up to him, hugged him and then jumped up into his arms and didn't want to let go. It was great to see them together again.





Kaitlin had a more difficult time recognizing her Daddy. She just kept looking at his hat and wasn't sure it was really him. She recognized his voice but didn't know for sure because of his hat. This picture was after the shock had worn off and she was happy to be with her Daddy again.









And here's our little family together again. We all look really tired because we all were but it was great to be together again. We had a great time with Luis and were sad when he had to ship out early to his next station but we look forward to having him home soon and finding out where we will end up living. Luis is scheduled to finish "A school" (aka job training) on Mar. 24th, 2010. This is fast approaching and we couldn't be happier. Come home soon Babe!!! We miss you and love you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment